2 day Live Find/HRD disaster K9 workshop at the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation's (SDF) National Training Center in Santa Paula, CA. SDF's National Training Center is a state-of-the-art facility that occupies 125 acres of land in the Santa Paula Foothills, just minutes from the Pacific Ocean.
- A variety of operational areas: Rubble, Train Crash, Collapsed Freeway, Wilderness/Wide Area, Indication Stations, Agility
- Limit 1 dog per handler for working spots (HRD OR Live Find)
- Dogs should be comfortable on rubble and have a reliable final response
- As this workshop is designed for deployment-ready disaster K9 teams, priority registration is given to FEMA/SUSAR Certified Teams. All teams associated with a federal, state, or local agency (certified and not-certified are encouraged to apply for registration).
This non-instructional workshop will allow handlers to expose their dogs to a variety of search problems in a supportive environment.
We pride ourselves in providing training opportunities designed to strengthen deployment ready K9 teams. While most of our workshops are not formally instructional, we only utilize highly experienced working K9 handlers and other professionals to provide leadership to the teams that attend our events.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided on both workshop days
- Other meals are the responsibility of the registrant
- Lodging is the responsibility of the registrant.
- On site barracks lodging is available by reservation only and at the cost of the registrant. Details TBD.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Santa Barbara Airport (SBA)
- Burbank Airport (BUR)
- Working spot (with K9) $395
- Audit Spot (no K9) $195
To register: Complete the Registration Form to put your name on the list. An invoice will be emailed to you upon acceptance of your registration. Your registration is not complete until your payment is received.